The Hybrid class provides six months of access to the FAIR Analysis Fundamentals OnDemand course plus 8.5 hours of instructor-led sessions delivered over one week.
In the online course, you will discover the challenges with conventional, qualitative risk management methods. We will introduce you to the FAIR Standard, methodology, associated processes, and terminology. You will also learn key FAIR measurement concepts, calibrated estimation methods necessary to conduct quantitative risk analysis in your agency or department, and best practices to communicate analyses to stakeholders.
Hands-on instructor sessions further solidify the learning experience delivered by experienced Certified Open FAIR™ Trainers. They will take the learner through practical application examples of the FAIR methodology and concepts. Additionally, the learner will receive access to the leader in cyber-risk quantification tools, RiskLens, for one week to practice analyses work.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Know the FAIR Standard (variables, definitions, relationships, forms of loss, etc.)
- Explain the FAIR risk analysis process
- Properly scope scenarios for analysis
- Use calibrated estimation in quantitative risk analysis
- Map controls to the FAIR Standard to analyze risk mitigation
- Interpret the results of a FAIR analysis and create reports for stakeholders
- Apply their knowledge to case studies based on real-life scenarios
- Introduction to FAIR
- The State of Risk Management
- The Profession Today – Prevailing Practices of Risk Management
- Assumptions and Terminology
- Measurement Concepts
- Probability vs. Possibility
- Probability vs. Prediction
- Subjectivity vs. Objectivity
- Accuracy vs. Precision
- Calibrated Estimation
- FAIR Standard Application
- Analysis Scoping
- Quantifying Operational Risk
- Forms of Loss
- Threat Capability Continuum
- Controls and the FAIR Standard
- Reporting Risk Analysis Results
- Case Studies
CPE Credits & Certification:
All participants will receive a certificate of completion, including 16 CPE hours for professional certifications. After training, the participants will be prepared for the Open Group’s Open FAIR Certification exam and will receive a voucher covering the cost of the exam.
For the upcoming Hybrid Class Schedule and invoice requests, email: email@example.com